INTENSE™ 3800 High-Performance Pushrods
Part Number: PRx-705
Shipping Weight: 2.00 pounds
0 Customer Reviews
- 1995-2005 Bonneville with 3800 Series II engine
- 1996-2002 Camaro with 3800 Series II engine
- 1996-2002 Firebird with 3800 Series II engine
- 1997-2006 Grand Prix with 3800 Series II or III engine
- 2000-2006 Impala with 3800 Series II engine
- 1998-1999 Intrigue with 3800 Series II engine
- 1996-2004 LeSabre with 3800 Series II engine
- 1998-2000 Lumina with 3800 Series II engine
- 1998-2006 Monte Carlo with 3800 Series II engine
- 1995-1999 Oldsmobile 88 with 3800 Series II engine
- 1996-1996 Oldsmobile 98 with 3800 Series II engine
- 1995-2004 Park Avenue with 3800 Series II engine
- 1995-2004 Regal with 3800 Series II engine
- 1995-2006 other applications with 3800 Series II or III engine
INTENSE 3800 Series II/III High Performance Pushrods come in three flavors to help your L67, L32, L36 or L26 engine reach it's full potential at higher RPM's.
Our Lightweight pushrods (PRL Series) weigh 425 grams per set of twelve (approximately 25% less than the factory rods) and their .049" thick 4130 chrome moly alloy is significantly stronger than stock. These are the ideal choice if you're running non-roller rocker arms in your naturally aspirated engine with stock, 90#, or 105# valve springs.
'Restricted oil flow' pushrods (PRO Series) were developed especially for the hydraulic roller market. Our engines begin to experience varying degrees of valve float at 6,000 or fewer RPM's due to the inertia mass of the roller lifters. INTENSE Oil-restricted Pushrods are constructed of 4130 seamless chrome moly, feature a .083" wall thickness and weigh 595 grams per set of twelve (approximately equal to the factory rods). The rocker arm ends are 210 degree radiused and there is a specially metered oil hole. This oil metering works to keep the lifter 'pumped up', and allows the engine to operate at higher speeds with less chance of a failure. These are the best choice for customers with any sort of power adder and/or full roller rocker arms.
For the Big Dogs out there with 20 psi or more of boost, 130# or higher valvespring setups, and/or large shots of nitrous oxide, you will need to use even stronger pushrods. Your extremely high cylinder pressure mandates the upgrade to 3/8" pushrods (PRE Series) to help eliminate valve float and misfires when you turn up the wick.
We stock a variety of INTENSE 3800 Series II/III High Performance Pushrods. They're usually sold in sets of twelve, but replacement pieces and custom lengths are available (please email us). Stock pushrods are 7.05" long and are also used with Harland Sharp rockers. Yella Terra rockers use a 7.30" length, and big cams or a combination of rocker and cam often need a 7.40" length. We always recommend using a pushrod length checker tool on a big engine build, to be sure that you have the proper length.
Typical pushrod sizes we keep in stock include:
- PRL-705 - INTENSE Lightweight Pushrods, 5/16" x .049" X 7.050"
- PRO-705 - INTENSE Oil Restricted Pushrods, 5/16" x .083" X 7.050"
- PRS-705 - INTENSE Extreme Duty Non-Oil Restricted Pushrods, 3/8" x .083" X 7.050"
- PRE-705 - INTENSE Extreme Duty Oil Restricted Pushrods, 3/8" x .083" X 7.050"
- PRO-730 - INTENSE Oil Restricted Pushrods, 5/16" x .083 x 7.300"
- PRE-730 - INTENSE Extreme Duty Oil Restricted Pushrods, 3/8" x .083 x 7.300"
- PRE-735 - INTENSE Extreme Duty Oil Restricted Pushrods, 3/8" x .083 x 7.350"
- PRO-740 - INTENSE Oil Restricted Pushrods, 5/16" x .083 x 7.400"
- PRE-740 - INTENSE Extreme Duty Oil Restricted Pushrods, 3/8" x .083 x 7.400"
- INTENSE 3800 Series II/III High Performance Pushrods are warranted for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of purchase against defects in materials and workmanship. The warranty provides for replacement parts only, and does not cover labor or any other costs. Purchaser and Installer assume all liability with regard to any and all damages in any way related to the purchase, installation and/or use of these pushrods.
- For a custom length pushrod set, please enter length in inches using the "Custom" field above. If you're not sure of length please email. Custom orders are not returnable, so check your measurements!
Average Customer Review:
There are currently no customer product reviews for the product.
Be the first to write an online review and share your thoughts with others.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
- Performance Packages
- GM 3800
- Performance Packages
- Braking and Suspension
- Cooling System
- PCM - Ignition - Electronics
- Gaskets and Hardware
- Hardcore Engine
- Heads, Cam and Valvetrain
- Pulleys and Belts
- Pontiac G8 L76/LS3
- Chevrolet Camaro 5th Gen
- Cobalt and ION
- GM LS1/LS2/LS4/LS6
- GM 3400 LA1